The Anti-Anxiety Peptide
WHAT IT IS:
Selank is a 7-amino-acid peptide that is the synthetic equivalent of the naturally occurring peptide called tuftsin. Both tuftsin and selank manage several different types of cells, including Interleukin-6, "Helper" T-cells, neurotransmitters, and brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF). This makes the peptide effective at balancing cognitive function and emotional transmitters such as dopamine and serotonin, as well as immune support.
Selank affects the performance of GABA synapses responsible for calming the nervous system. By increasing GABA's ability to inhibit other neurotransmitters, Selank can reduce anxiety. It can also impact interleukin-6 (IL-6), generally decreasing the levels giving it anti-inflammatory properties.
• Reduces anxiety
• Increases short-term memory
• Stabilizes blood enkephalins - natural peptides that can reduce stress
• Strengthens immune function by increasing inflammatory proteins to help fight infections
• Increases BDNF an important brain-growth compound related to learning and memory
• Regulates immune function
WHAT IT TREATS:
• Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
• Cognitive decline
• Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
Selank is a nasal spray that can be administered daily or as needed. It is often combined with another nasal spary peptide called Semax.
Selank is well tolerated and has minimal side effects. Certain patients may be sensitive to full and partial doses and may experience over stimulation which will cease if treatment is stopped.