The Brain Enhancing Peptide
WHAT IT IS:
Semax is an experimental drug that was originally developed to prevent and treat circulatory disorders, specifically in the brain. It is the analog of naturally occurring hormone called ACTH. Semax has demonstrated an ability to increase Brain Derived Neurotropic Factor 1 (BDNF-1), a hormone responsible for growth and maintenance of the brain. It also rapidly activates the serotonin and dopamine centers of the brain. Though the exact mechanism of action of Semax is unclear, there is evidence that it may act through melanocortin receptors.
Semax is a neuroprotective peptide, which aims to slow disease progression and secondary injuries by halting/slowing the loss of neurons and is neurorestorative. It can increase attention and short-term memory, improve Non-proliferative Diabetic Neuropathy, and can help during recovery from Stroke/Hypoxia.
• Increased short-term memory (support for ADD, learning, concentration)
• Increases brain-derived neurotrophic factor which improves neuroplasticity
- Accelerates recovery from traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and strokes
• Anti-thrombotic and fibrinolytic effects
• Reduces blood clot formation and growth
• Increases levels of serotonin and dopamine
WHAT IT TREATS:
• Nerve regeneration,
• Chronic neuro degenerative diseases such as ALS, Parkinson’s Disease, and Alzheimer’s
Semax is administered through a nasal spray daily or as needed. It is often used in conjunction with Selank.
Semax is well tolerated and has minimal side effects. Local injection area complications (bleeding, infection, irritation) may occur if not injected properly.